Friday 13 May 2011

Amazing Old Oak

Just a very quick post of this wonderful old Oak tree I took some pictures of on my travels. I had a friend visiting and I took him to see this old tree, it must be incredibly ancient and is in the 'growing down' stage of its life. I have looked at this tree several times before but never noticed the human figure at the top(right hand picture), who seems to be gazing out, perhaps the spirit of this several centuries old Oak.


I hope it continues to survive for many more years to come in its quiet spot surrounded by wild flowers. I must admit to often looking at trees ad weighing them up in terms of how many bowls I could turn from them but this really brought home the thought and appreciation of how long our timber takes to grow and what a precious resource trees are.

No comments:

Post a Comment