Sunday 29 May 2011

A Proud Moment


I was extremely happy to discover that my sculpture from last June entitled 'Entrance To The Other World' was published in the AAW's April 2011 edition of 'American Woodturner' journal. It was really nice (and almost shocking) to see it published along side works of other respected woodturners.
I think this is my proudest woodturning moment to date, right up there with that magical moment of producing my very first bowl on the first day of owning a lathe!
I do not get the magazine normally but thanks to the editor (and fantastic wood artist) Betty Scarpino, I am currently waiting for my copy to arrive from the US courtesy of the AAW. I hope to frame it and put it on the wall (wife allowing!) as it is the first piece of work I have had printed in any publication.

4 comments:

  1. That's great Johnny, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark! I was well chuffed to be asked if they could use the piece in their magazine but that was last June so I assumed it wasn't going in, so it was a really nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JT,

    That is a fantastic achievement mate, I'm really chuffed for you and hope it's the start of a new venture for you.

    Had a bowl of mine featured in 'Woodturning', just a we pick in the 'From the Forum' section, and it's totally wierd isn't it.

    Seriously well done mate, long may it continue.

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete