Friday 3 August 2012

Pearl

Well its been a while hasn't it........... I've had a lot going on in the last couple of months that has kept me away from the lathe and as a result from sharing my work with you. Well hopefully I am going to be able to produce a lot more work again now and keep this blog updated on the regular basis I have always mean't to do. Anyway enough babble, LOL, back to some proper work!

Pearl is a sculpture that is based around a 12" diameter broken Sycamore circle. The idea behind the piece is simply a 'Pearl of wisdom, bursting the bubble of illusion', in other words that little bit of truth breaking a long held incorrect belief.
The 'pearl' is a beech sphere that is breaking the circle which I have carved and coloured to look as though(I hope) it is deflating after it has been breeched. The base is a square of Mahogany coloured white to match the 'pearl' the ring is black, highlighted with gold gilt cream.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you using an 'ideas' approach to turning - a scarce commodity in the UK.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete